At the beginning of the new year, every company sets new business goals. What milestones your company has planned for 2021?
- Define targets: Where do you want to rank?
- Establishing SEO objectives benchmark: Where are we now?
- Developing an action plan: How to read a goal?
- Add edit marketing objective for your SEO audit
Now, let’s discuss SEO goal 2021 in detail:
Define targets: Where do you want to rank?
Every SEO professional should be able to determine what success looks like by the end of the year. However, success is measured in terms of numbers. Here are a few key points you can set a path towards business goals:
- Number of visitors/ traffic
- Revue growth from existing customers
- Revenue growth from new customers
- Retention and lowering churn
- Local SEO goals
Once you set metrics for your team, you will be able to measure results. Thus, defining targets is the first step before defining an SEO strategy.
Establishing SEO benchmark: Where are we now?
By now, you should have a clear understanding of the number of customers, leads, visitors, and opportunities your website needs. A website needs to add value to a business’s overall marketing goals. Wherefore, your potential to achieve SEO goals 2021 can be measured based on the series of the benchmark. While this is defined in the brand’s current positioning.
What are the strategic goals SEO can fulfill
- SEO Share of Voice (SOV): A share of Voice (SOV) allows us to understand how well a brand ranks based on keywords or topics. For SEO strategy objectives what percentage of those your brand rank on the first page of Google Search Engine? The activity (search engine marketing objectives) gives us an opportunity to benchmark against both direct and indirect competitors. In fact, it helps to understand the segment of content that ranks well with targeted keywords. Not only this, it exposes new content distribution platforms to reach an audience.
- Competitive Ranking Benchmark: It’s time to do a more thorough competitive analysis. Analyze relevant keywords that your direct competitors are ranking. You can use a range of free to premium smart SEO tools in 2021. You can use SEMRush to find gap analysis.
- SERP Benchmark: Analyse SERP traffic from an organic, referral, paid other sources. Identify this benchmark to evaluate growth from 2020-2021. This benchmark signifies your site’s potential to scale into next year.
- Conversion Rates: Your conversion rate is the percentage of web traffic that achieves desired goals of conversion out of a total number of visitors. However, the facto depends on the marketing team’s efforts to convert visitors into leads and leads into customers. Identify these conversion rates on all platforms along with the quality of visitors and leads.
- Rich Snippets: Google is constantly adding new features like rich snippets in SERPs. As an SEO professional, you can take advantage of these opportunities. Benchmark the percentage of rich snippets your keyword ranks against competitors. This will help you to identify content formats and markup that could take advantage of rich snippets. SEMrush and MOZ both offer this type of analysis to measure this over time.
Developing an action plan: How to read realistic SEO goals?
SEO success is aligned towards achieving types of goals in seo:
- Increase website traffic
- Improve traffic quality
- Increase Leads
- Improve the quality of leads
These realistic SEO goals and objectives depending on sub-factors including your benchmarks, search volume, competition, and budget. However, by refining measurable SEO goals down an action plan, you can prioritize the marketing investment budget. Thus, can work on all sub-factors following examples of smart SEO goals.
Realistic SEO goals primary factors that will affect your SEO goal-setting are resources, timeline, and budget constraints. You cannot expect fast SEO results with no internal support and zero budget.